We know that legal disputes can be catastrophic for professionals and businesses.
- The UK’s premier supplier of legal expenses insurance to the SME, commercial mid-corporate and corporate market
- For over 25 years, our vision has been to provide the complete solution to our customers’ everyday legal needs
- Through the unique combination of our underwriting heritage, and our award-winning, in-house law firm, we have more than 50 professionally qualified lawyers and barristers handling around 500 calls a day. Of which, around 1% result in litigation thanks to our expert advice.
What does legal expenses insurance cover?
- Employment disputes
- Employment compensation awards
- Property and landlord and tenant disputes
- Criminal defence
- Interview under caution
- Tax protection
- Aspect enquiry
- Current tax year
- Regulatory compliance
- Court attendance costs
- Employee extra protection
- Negotiations cover
- Contract disputes
- Restrictive covenant
- Crisis communication
- Construction contractors disputes
- Transport disputes
Who is this for?
Our insurance covers the cost of legal expenses and provides professional legal advice and representation arising from a range of commercial disputes.
Care and Charity
Our insurance provides bespoke cover benefits and access to solicitors who work exclusively on care employment and regulatory law.
Covering construction companies against disputes arising from small and large-scale building projects
Fitness to practise
Protects against standard industry risks and provides specific cover for statutory licence disputes.
Safeguarding against operators' licence disputes and other haulage industry disputes.
Guarding against property, land and other disputes common to rural landowners and businesses.
Protection for non-commercial property owners looking to safeguard against tenant and builder disputes.
*Please refer to your policy for exact services included. Learn more.
Latest insights and resources
Find out more
Access proposal forms to request a quote or view technical documents related to our products or services.
From our 24/7 business and legal helpline, to our R&D tax relief consultancy, our customers have access to our legal and tax services, providing a complete solution for their wider business needs and goals.
Our claims service
We aim to settle claims as efficiently as possible so our policyholders can get on with their lives.
Markel UK brochure
View our brochure to find out more about our services.