Protect your clients against unexpected fees and provide a robust defence without the worry of recovering practice fees.
- Leading provider for over 25 years
- A trusted partner to over 2,500 accountants
- Generous levels of cover of up to £125,000
- Our team operates nationwide in order to provide support on a local level
What does fee protection insurance cover?
- Full and aspect enquiries into corporate, partnership, sole trader or personal tax returns
- Disputes relating to VAT, employer compliance (PAYE, P11D and NIC), employment status, and IR35
- Schedule 36 pre-dispute matters and HMRC use of information and inspection powers for VAT control visits, employer compliance visits and checking employer records
- Inheritance Tax enquiries up to £5,000
- COP8 enquiries up to £5,000
- National Minimum Wage pre-dispute matters
- Requests for information
- Capital Gains Tax
- 90 days’ late return cover
- No excesses
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) – England and Northern Ireland; and Buildings Transactional Tax (LBTT) – Scotland; and Land Transaction Tax (LTT) – Wales
- Gift Aid cover
The new digital-first marketing platform transforming the way accountants promote their tax investigations service to their clients.
- Reduce administration for your practice
- Increase conversion, growth and cross-sell opportunities
- Boost connectivity with your clients
- Optimise and improve your marketing capabilities with real-time analytics
- Safeguard your client security with its 100% GDPR compliant guarantee
- Avoid paper with a greener solution for your business
*Please refer to your policy for exact services included. Learn more.
Does your current FPI partner offer you market-leading solutions? If not, let’s talk.
Scheme optimisationAccountant A has always had a FPI scheme, and would provide details to any clients that made an enquiry. The total premiums collected from their clients just covered the cost of running the scheme. We worked with the accountant to understand the financial benefits to the practice and the value of the cover for their clients. Different pricing options were discussed, with Markel UK providing examples and case studies of how similar accountancy practices had turned around their schemes.
As a result of these discussions, it was agreed that Markel would run a direct mail campaign to all of the practice’s clients who didn’t currently subscribe to the scheme using a new and improved pricing structure. Following the initial mailing and subsequent follow-up mailings, the accountant increased their client subscription rate fourfold and also generated an additional income stream for the practice.
Building a valuable income streamAccountant B had an FPI scheme in place with another provider for a number of years but subscriber numbers had been dwindling. The client had undertaken little active promotion due to limited administration capacity and the day-to-day pressures of running a busy family practice.
Our area sales manager worked with the practice to understand these pinch points and ensure a smooth transition to Markel Tax – from back office support to utilisation of our mailing service to boost uptake of the scheme. In the first year we helped the client achieve double the number of subscriptions to their service, and ensured that fee protection added a valuable income stream rather than an additional administrative burden.