This year, inspired by the theme of BIBA 2023 “Rising to the Challenge”, we set out to recognise and celebrate the unsung heroes of the UK insurance broking community, the people who consistently deliver exceptional service and, in doing so, rise to the challenge on a daily basis. We proudly launched “Broker Service Champion” in March - an initiative designed to shine a light on those who go above and beyond to deliver service excellence and honour professionals who surpass expectations.
Published on 6 July, 2023
A commitment to exceptional service is not a concept or buzzword, it’s a value that is powered by people which Broker Service Champion recognises.
We asked the insurance broking community to nominate their colleagues or someone in their network who improve the industry through their unwavering commitment to service, integrity, and customer-focused outcomes.
At this year's BIBA conference, the insurance community voted for their chosen Broker Service Champion at Markel’s stand, demonstrating the overwhelming support and recognition for these exceptional professionals.
While the Service Champions were recognised for their own individual achievements and talents, there were common themes that tied them together:
- Consistently delivering excellent service, regardless of the size of the premium, driven by their desire to always do right by their customers.
- Commitment to continuing professional development sets them apart, as they continuously seek to expand their knowledge and expertise to better serve their clients.
- They serve as role models for their colleagues, elevating the standards of the entire industry through their exemplary conduct and unwavering dedication to service excellence.
Broker Service Champion has become a testament to the power of service excellence and the remarkable individuals who embody it. Through their exceptional efforts, they uplift our industry, inspire their colleagues, and most importantly, ensure that our clients receive the outstanding service they deserve.
We are delighted to celebrate these extraordinary peer-nominated professionals who are ensuring the insurance industry is making headlines for the right reasons. As we continue our journey, we remain committed to fostering exceptional service and recognising the people who make it possible.
Broker Service Champions 2023
- Nikki Hookway from Aston Lark: Nikki's exceptional dedication to her clients shines through in her outstanding retention rates. She prioritises her clients' needs and generously shares her knowledge, supporting her colleagues in numerous ways. As a working mother, Nikki serves as a positive role model for other women and mothers in the industry, inspiring and uplifting those around her.
- Alan Tench from Bridge Insurance: Alan's exceptional work in sourcing insurance solutions and placing difficult risks in a challenging market sets him apart. His efforts consistently yield successful outcomes for Bridge Insurance's customers, making him an invaluable asset to the company and a deserving recipient of recognition.
- Donna Walker from Bravo Networks: Donna's support for up to 650 UK Brokers with Consumer Duty demonstrates her commitment to ensuring brokers understand and implement their duties effectively. She goes above and beyond to educate brokers within the network, helping them measure outcomes in a meaningful way and promoting adherence to regulatory standards.
- Fintan Griffin from Bravo Networks: Fintan's dedication to raising standards and finding innovative solutions makes a significant impact. His ability to place large volumes of business showcases his expertise and resourcefulness while always remaining customer focussed.
- Louis Stephen from Marsh Commercial: Louis has proven himself exceptional through his dedication and efficient handling of new
business cases. His professionalism and expertise have earned him respect from internal stakeholders and insurance partners alike.