Andrew is an experienced solicitor working within Markel Law’s Employment Disputes team specialising in Employment Litigation. Having qualified in 2005, Andrew has comprehensive experience of all types of employment claims that are brought in the tribunals and courts in England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. He provides advice on a mixture of insured and fee-paying work for SME and national-based business clients within the general commercial, financial services, social housing, healthcare, leisure and hospitality industries, building a strong rapport with key stakeholders to understand their needs in order to achieve the best possible outcome in line with business strategy and requirements.
Services and advice include:
- Advisory – providing advice on all aspects of the employment relationship including unfair dismissal, breach of contract, wages, social media, restrictive covenants and confidential information regularly retained to provide transactional and consultancy advice to clients in relation to TUPE transfers, discrimination and whistleblowing claims.
- Representation – with considerable employment experience, Andrew regularly advises and represents businesses in relation to the variety of claims that can be pursued. This includes appearing on behalf of employers in the Employment Tribunals, the High Court and the County Court on all types of employment claims covering the full spectrum of Employment Law. He is also a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
- He has provided employment advice on behalf of a number of high-profile clients including an international hotel chain, a national leisure and fitness club, an Olympian’s charity and a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- Mediation – an experienced negotiator, Andrew represents clients at mediations. A notable highlight was the successful representation of an FCA-regulated client in its pursuit of a multi-million pound High Court restraint of trade, confidential information and breach of contract dispute involving its former employees and their new employer.
- He regularly advises and prepares settlement agreements involving chief executives, directors, senior executives, managers and junior employees.
- Commercial and Civil – advises on restraint of trade disputes, general commercial and contractual disputes and negligence (including professional negligence).